Secura Bio™ is a newly established pharmaceutical company with an approved oncology therapeutic sold in the United States and in eighteen other countries. The Senior Accountant for Secura Bio™ will have primary responsibility for the establishment and operation of processes and systems supporting financial transaction processing, maintenance of the company’s general ledger, periodic financial reporting and account analysis and reconciliation. The Senior Accountant will report initially to the Chief Financial Officer and will supervise one Accounts Payable/Payroll staff.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Establishing effective processes for executing and recording cash disbursements for vendors and suppliers
- Maintaining the company’s general ledger accounts
- Executing monthly invoicing and manage accounts receivable
- Maintaining, managing and reconciling the company’s cash and investment accounts
- Establishing and maintaining the company’s fixed asset ledger
- Establishing and managing efficient time and expense reporting processes
- Performing periodic account reconciliations and assisting in the preparation of monthly management reporting and financial statements
- Managing the Accounts Payable/Payroll staff
- Minimum of three years of corporate accounting experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or other Life Science sector
- Experience with general ledger systems including QuickBooks, GP Dynamics
- Experience working with SOX level internal controls
- Supervisory experience a plus
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
CPA highly valued
Other Skill Requirements
- Personal integrity, teamwork abilities, collaboration skills
- Must be able to organize and prioritize
- Strong Excel skills
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently in a start-up environment
Secura Bio™ offers competitive salaries, bonus programs, equity programs and generous benefits.
If you meet the requirements for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.