Senior Manager / Manager, Alliance and Program Management
San Diego, CA
The Senior Manager/Manager, Alliance and Program Management is responsible for managing and optimizing the value of Secura Bio’s partnerships across its portfolio at all stages of the product life cycle (research, development, and commercial). This role serves as primary point of contact for three existing alliances across geographic regions and will be responsible for maintaining alignment between internal and partner teams, managing communications, identification of issues and stakeholder engagement. The Senior Manager/Manager, Alliance and Program Management will be responsible for monitoring compliance with the partnership agreements by all parties. This position reports to the Head of Corporate Development.
- Co-lead with the partner’s alliance management function
- Responsibility for team interactions and governance meetings including coordinating meetings, scheduling, agenda setting, pre-reads, keeping minutes, and archiving of minutes
- Monitor and report milestone events, deliverables and timelines
- Update and maintain information systems relating to collaborations, and produce reports and summaries for internal communication
- Monitor the health and effectiveness of the partnership, identifying areas of strength and improvement
- Proactively identify issues, potential conflicts, and risk with partners and the programs; work with the teams to drive forward strategies/plans to resolve
- Assure that senior management is apprised in an effective and timely fashion of all alliance issues and of recommended paths to resolution
- Work with the partners on key issues and use diplomacy to bring conflicts to an amicable resolution
- Build trust with the partners through open and honest working relationships with all levels of the partner organizations
- Develop strong working relationships with Secura Bio’s team across all functions
- Partner closely with key internal and external stakeholders to monitor key project deliverables
- Prepare regular updates for senior leadership, executive management, and the Board of Directors
- Support cross-functional teams using project management best practices and tools
Experience & Skills Required
- Degree in life sciences; advanced degree or MBA preferred
- Five+ years of total industry experience, including at least three years in a related role
- Understanding of oncology drug development is a plus
- Experience working with Japanese and Chinese companies is preferred
- Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team, and ability to influence at all levels as well as lead by influence without formal authority
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills. Able to communicate across functions and bring people together around a common goal
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, including an ability to combine attention to detail with a big picture perspective. Thinks logically, develops and evaluates options, and identifies pros and cons, including recommendations
- Experience in navigating complex organizations, developing effective partner relationships and building strong working alliances with internal partners. Understands the challenging and sometimes conflicting needs within a collaboration. Able to identify how decisions are made and by whom within partner organizations.
Secura Bio offers competitive compensation and generous benefits.
If you meet the requirements for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.