Senior Business Director
The Senior Business Director (BD) is the primary point of contact for Secura Bio™ with large Oncology group practices and integrated delivery networks that have a focus on Hematology. This critical role will perform all responsibilities of account management, including developing and maintaining strategic business relationships with various stakeholders in key accounts with the goals of bringing value to providers and patients, developing new business, maximizing resource utilization, and increasing sales of the assigned product.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide approved disease and product information and resources to key decision makers and stakeholders
- Understand the healthcare industry and market dynamics, trends, competitors, regulations and managed health care environment.
- Engage the Medical Affairs personnel as appropriate in order to properly address customer needs.
- Refer requests for off-label information to the Medical Information Request process.
- Develop strategic account plans to drive product growth.
- Conduct market profiling activities to ensure a deep understanding of regional and local health care delivery, influencers and payer systems. Need to be knowledgeable on health economics information related to population management and quality and engages in discussions of them using approved resources.
- Be knowledgeable on reimbursement relevant to Secura Bio products and provide approved information related to reimbursement process and support for Secura Bio products.
- Understand current state and emerging trends in business operations affecting Hematology/Oncology practice management such as payer initiatives, quality metrics, clinical protocols, approved patient financial assistance offerings, EMR capabilities, and pathway development.
- Execute a Plan of Action (POA) based on marketing strategies, which include delivering, approved branded sales messages, executing planned programs, scheduling and following-up with medical educational programs, and achieving or exceeding sales targets.
- Develop decision maker relationships in order to support clinical protocol development and care pathway placement with approved, on-label information and resources related to products.
- Responsible for servicing and managing accounts, which includes ensuring product access, triage reimbursement issues, and maintaining product contracts.
- Gain deep knowledge of each assigned account through internal research and proactive gathering and integration of information from various stakeholders within the account, e.g. business model, relevant business metrics, unique challenges, and strategic goals.
- Develop a breadth of relationships within each account to ensure an understanding of each account’s objectives, goals, and challenges.
- Sets vision, objectives, strategies and plan for use of approved tactics by Oncology account team members, focused on mutual goals of addressing customer’s aligned needs, achieving business objectives, and improving patient health outcomes.
- Demonstrates commitment to compliance through understanding of regulations and policies that govern customer interactions and consistent focus on ensuring compliance with them.
- Help set the vision, objectives, strategies and plans for use of approved tactics by the SRE team, focused on mutual goals of addressing customer’s aligned needs, achieving business objectives, and improving patient health outcomes.
- Demonstrate commitment to compliance through understanding of regulations and policies that govern customer interactions and consistent focus on ensuring compliance with them.
- Consistently maintains a future focus on emerging trends and patient care needs in oncology, uncovering and reporting underlying issues that may inform broad or account-specific strategies.
- Providing feedback on marketing strategy and effectiveness reviews of sales activities and territory analysis.
- Advise sales and marketing management with appropriate direction on challenges and opportunities within key accounts.
A Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in business, marketing or relevant sciences related area
- Minimum of 3 years Oncology pharmaceutical sales experience
- Preferred Hematology experience
- Qualified candidates must have a demonstrated record of success in a community Oncology or Hematology role and Academic Institutional setting.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, possess a high degree of technical expertise, have exceptional selling skills, and must be familiar with the Oncology community.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, ability to balance short and long- term goals.
Excellent Interpersonal, Communication, And Presentation Skills Required
- Personal integrity, teamwork abilities, collaboration skills and a customer focus are necessary.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize.
- Computer literacy (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is a must.
- Willingness to travel over a broad geography is required (up to 50% of time).
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently in a stressful environment
- Candidate must be properly licensed and able to safely operate and drive an automobile in order to perform field calls on customers; must have a driving record deemed safe by the Company
- Some territories will require regular airline travel and over-night stays in order to perform the essential functions of the job; most will at least require occasional airline travel and over-night stays for training purposes.
If you meet the requirements for this position, please email us at email@example.com.